- Non-Complying and Rejected Product
- Before shipping the Product to Quality Check Centre, the Vendor shall conduct a quality test and shall not release any Product for shipment that does not conform to the Standards or specifications mentioned in the Purchase Order.
- The Company may reject any Non-Complying Product after intimating the same to the Vendor within 10 (Ten) days from receipt of the Product. The Company shall have the right to reject any Product hereunder, other than a Non-Complying Product, for a reasonable cause.
- In the event, a Customer identifies any defect due to non-conformation to the Standards or specifications mentioned in the Purchase Order within 7 (seven) days of receiving the Product, the Company reserves the right to return the said defective or rejected Product to the Vendor. The Vendor shall be notified about the same and the Vendor shall, within 10 (ten) days of such notice of defect or rejection, rectify the defects or replace the Product at no additional cost to the Company.
- The Company shall return any Products (or portions thereof) mentioned under clauses (a) and (b) to the Vendor, at the Vendor’s expense.
- The Vendor shall, at the discretion of the Company, bear any additional costs incurred by the Company under clause (c) above such as costs borne by the Customer in returning the Product.
- The provisions of this Clause shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement, provided that, subsequent to the termination or expiration of this Agreement, the Vendor may, in lieu of replacing any rejected or missing quantities of Product, elect in its sole discretion to reimburse the Company for the costs (including any applicable freight charges) associated with the replacement of such rejected and/or missing quantities of Product by the Company or a third party selected by the Company.